Friday, December 28, 2007

A McWalBucks Holiday, Yay!

To my two blog readers I preface the following with the knowledge that I have only been kayaking three times since November 3rd (Green Race day). They were three pretty okay days but nothing amazing. That being said, my time has been spent doing some things that I love and enjoy aside from kayaking. In this time of reflection I have not become a poet, though I thought a holiday poem was in line. I'm sorry in advance.

It was the night before Christmas and I had to run out
To Bed Bath and Beyond
(And maybe even Home Depot if we have enough time)
And the critters were stirring around and about
I saw a typical obese, American family sipping on mocha lattes at Starbucks
And a kid coming out of Target with a new copy of World of War Craft
Yes, this lucrative holiday was well on its way
To ending the year for corporate America with a big heehaw and a hooray!
When on the way home I crossed over the highway
And a full moon was rising on the horizon
"It's beautiful," I thought to myself...
How McDonalds and KFC brighten up the foreground
And what to my wondering eyes did appear
But a hodad in the drive-thru choking on a cigarette...
No, wait, it was a quarter pound...er
I've butchered this rhyme scheme in more ways than one
And this holiday was actually a good bit of fun
There was family and food and a couple of presents
And of course a happy meal for some big fat redneck
Whose name was actually Santa... and it was a super sized combo to be correct
Which brings me back to the spirit of Christmas
Which is naturally ham and presents, and profitability, and global warming, and I usually don't forward emails and my schwetty holiday balls and and and and and and....
... Nope, thise whole thing was just a gas pain. Excuse me.

Enjoy the rest of the year,

Spencer, Effort.tv

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker